For Sunday, May 31
Update on In-Person Gatherings at OU
Over the past month, the OU staff and a group a core leaders have worked together to create a plan that allows us to move slowly and cautiously forward into resuming in-person gatherings and ultimately Sunday morning worship. Our plan is to begin with smaller groups that will allow us to test protocols and procedures before opening to larger groups and Sunday morning worship.
Here are the steps we’ll take this week:
1. The church office will open to the public for limited hours. The church office will be open for deliveries and pick-ups only starting Monday, June 1, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. The staff will still be encouraged to telework; all meetings with staff must be made by appointment.
2. Small Groups can schedule meetings. Small groups (including Sunday School classes) can schedule meetings during the week through Helen Baker. We will have a limit on the number of people in different areas at one time so all groups must schedule their time onsite.
3. Prayer and Reflection Gatherings. This week, on Thursday, June 4 and Sunday, June 7 we will begin testing small gatherings in the Traditional and Modern Sanctuaries for prayer, scripture, and optional Holy Communion. Each gathering will be limited to 35 people. In order to come to the service you must register in advance. Masks will be required and if you have a fever, feel ill, or have been in contact with anyone ill, we ask that you do not come. After these gatherings we will evaluate so we can plan additional gatherings in the future. Nursery will not be provided for these services, but children are welcome to attend.
Register for a service Thursday, June 4 here.
Register for a service Sunday, June 7 here.
4. Drive Through/Drive Up Communion. For those who do not yet feel safe with in person gatherings, we will offer an opportunity to receive communion elements. We will announce that time in the coming weeks.
For now, masks are required in the building and you will find masks and hand sanitizer at all entrances. We will practice social distancing at all Communion gatherings.
Digital Information Card
If you’re looking for more ways to be involved in the life of OU, start here.
Summer Virtual LifeGroups
Looking for a deeper connection with a body of believers? Want new friendships that make a positive impact on your life? Want to dig deeper into topics of faith? OU LifeGroups are for you! Head over to our LifeGroup page to learn more.
There are three ways to give right now:
- Good, old-fashioned snail mail:
- Oxford University UMC
- 424 South 10th Street
- Oxford, MS 38655
- Set up a recurring gift here, or make a one-time gift here.
- Text GIVE to 844-961-2253.
For any questions, please contact Russ McLellan.
We have lots of ways to stay engaged in prayer while we’re physically apart: #OUPrayer, Prayer with the Pastor, devotionals, resources and more can be found here.