February 25, 2023
Saturday, February 25
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Mission of an Early Response Team is to provide a caring Christian presence in the aftermath of a disaster.
This team is neither a first response group of emergency workers nor a recovery rebuild or repair team; rather it fills a specific need in the early days after a disaster to establish the presence of the church.
What do Early Response Teams do?
1. Provide a Christian presence. This does not sound like a task and is NOT, however it can be the MOST important thing a team can do.
2. Take steps to prevent further damage to a family’s personal property:
- Debris removal, chainsaw work
- Cleaning out of flooded homes
3. Teams may be asked to manage donated materials, gather information, or other things as deemed necessary by the community.
4. Observe survivor’s needs and report these to the local operations.
5. Be a part of the caring ministry of “listeners” who will help the survivors begin to heal.
$40 Registration Fee includes manual, lunch, t-shirt, background check, and leader expenses. For ERT certification, participants will need to attend the entire course. This training will have hands-on activities, it is recommended that you dress comfortably in layers.