News about the coronavirus pandemic is changing quickly. We continue to monitor what it means for our community and the ministry of OUUMC. Our goal is to ensure the safety and health of all in our community who worship, serve, and grow together.
Update on In-Person Gatherings
To help us plan our return to worship, soon we’ll be asking you to fill out one more survey.
OU’s leadership continues to monitor the spread of COVID, recommendations for the Mississippi Department of Health, and the CDC as we prepare to return to in-person worship. We all long to return to our Sunday morning routine of worship with one another. As the leadership meets, we will release information about opportunities to meet and worship and when we can gather safely for worship again on Sunday mornings.
1. The church office is open to the public for limited hours. The church office is now open for deliveries and pick-ups only, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. The staff is still encouraged to telework; all meetings with staff must be made by appointment.
2. Small Groups can schedule meetings. Small groups (including Sunday School classes) can schedule meetings during the week through Helen Baker. We will have a limit on the number of people in different areas at one time so all groups must schedule their time onsite.
For now, masks are required in the building, and you will find masks and hand sanitizer at all entrances. We will practice social distancing at all gatherings.
Social Media (up-to-date information, Sunday services, videos):
365 Bible Challenge Sunday School Zoom Meeting (Sunday, 10:00 AM)
Meeting ID: 616-443-899
Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/616443899
Dial by your location +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
OU Connect If you can’t remember your OU Connect password, or if you’ve never logged in, email Emilie and she’ll get you set up.
Online Giving: While we worship from, home giving to maintain the work of the church is still important. To meet the needs of our congregation and community, and in light of the fact that we will not gather together for an extended time, we want to remind you that there are several ways you can continue to support your church:
- Mail your giving to: 424 S. 10th St, Oxford, MS 38655
- Give online (one time or recurring options available)
- Use your financial institution’s bill pay service (single pay or recurring options available)
- If you take an RMD from your IRA or retirement account, directing your financial institution to send your distribution directly to the church eliminates the tax liability on said distribution.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness and generosity.
If you aren’t receiving church emails, or if you know someone who isn’t, please let Emilie Bramlett know.
Volunteer Help and Community/Individual Needs
We are identifying healthy young adults who are willing to help out in various ways. If you would like to participate in this effort to make things a little easier during these unsettling times, fill out this form.
If you or someone you know has COVID-19, is self-quarantined, or just needs some help, fill this form out.
Remember, you don’t have to be a member of OU to volunteer or to ask for help.